Wednesday, April 21, 2010

{Fun Finds} Ladybug Magnifying Glasses and Polka-Dot Plates

I've been thinking of a ladybug themed party for my youngest daughter's next birthday  (I wont tell you that her birthday isn't until January, because then you'd know how truly party obsessed I am!) 
I've been gathering a few fun things as I find them, partly because I know that spring and summer are the prime time of year that stores will be carrying cute ladybug things.  I have some ideas on invites, food, etc. and have plans for a ladybug party planning post in the future.  But I recently bought a couple of extra cute things and I wanted to share them now, in case you like them too.


I found these little melamine polka-dot plates at Target several weeks ago, and at 99 cents each I grabbed them up.  I knew I could use them at Christmas, 4th of July, a strawberry or cherry themed party, or for a ladybug theme.  The plates are on the small side, about 5 inches across.  Just large enough for a few appetizers or a dessert. The same plates were also sold in blue, yellow or green.
(Found in the kitchen/dishes area, in an aisle of seasonal/summer plastic dishware)

Then, I was at Target again this week (I'm there about 3 times a week- it's our "I just need to get out of the house" store) and I saw these adorable ladybug magnifying glasses.  They were in the dollar section at the front of the store  (I can rarely leave the store without grabbing a few things from those bins!).  At $1.00 each, I dug through the bin and bought 12, trying to estimate how many I'd need for a party.  In the same area there were also magnifying glasses in the shapes of frogs and butterflies. 

Happy Shopping!